Pomegranate Molasses Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Fall into autumn with this Keto-Friendly dinner! This glistening pomegranate
roast chicken recipe comes alive with a tray of sweet autumn/winter vegetables. A nice naturally sweetened chicken dinner is perfect to enjoy after a long week. This meal is a great addition to your Saba 60™ program, taken with Saba Ace™, and your daily antioxidant boosting Super Supplements: Saba Pomegranate Plus™ and Saba Spark of Life™
Did you know… Pomegranates are among the healthiest fruits on Earth. They contain a range of beneficial plant compounds, unrivaled by other foods. Studies have shown that they may have several benefits for your body, possibly lowering your risk of various diseases. Pomegranates are loaded with important nutrients such as Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, and Potassium. Pomegranates have impressive anti-inflammatory effects, and may lower blood pressure. Taken with Saba Pomegranate Plus™ you will be sure to reap the rewards with this Super Food!
Makes: 4 Portions
Preparation Time: 30 minutes ,plus marinating (2hrs)
Cooking Time: 50 mins-1 hour
You’ll need... Meat scissors or poultry shears
• 2kg / 4.4lbs free-range chicken
• 6 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus extra for brushing
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 red chili, finely chopped
• 300g bulgur wheat, cooked to packet instructions
• Bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
For the roasted vegetables
• 4 carrots, cut into long batons
• 4 parsnips, cut into long batons
• 3 red onions, root left intact, sliced thinly
• 3 tbsp olive oil
1) To spatchcock/butterfly the chicken, put the bird breast-side down on a board. Using meat scissors or poultry shears, cut down each side of the backbone starting at the parson’s nose (main entrance to the cavity). Turn the chicken over and open it out. Push down to flatten it and break through the wishbone.
2) Put the chicken in a resealable plastic bag with the pomegranate molasses, garlic and chili. Season with salt and pepper, then seal the bag. Move the chicken around in the bag to coat it completely, then leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
3) When ready to cook, heat the oven to 390F/ gas 6 and prepare the vegetables. Put the carrots, parsnips and red onions into a large roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Make space in the center of the tray, then add the chicken and its marinade.
4) Roast for 50 mins-1 hour until cooked through and the chicken juices run clear when you push a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh. The vegetables should also be tender. About 10 mins before the end of the cooking time, brush the chicken with more pomegranate molasses and return to the oven.
5) When cooked, remove the chicken to a chopping board and cover with foil. Add the cooked bulgur wheat to the roasted vegetables with the parsley and toss to coat.
6) If you like, cut the chicken into portions and put on top of the bulgur wheat salad to serve.
Source: The Essential Guide To… Seasonal September 2020 14,22